[dropcap]T[/dropcap]he 3rd Annual Big Apple Dinner to support Bonefish & Tarpon Trust is right around the corner and again will include a really fun auction with many quality items including a commisioned painting by C.D. Clarke of this year’s honoree, Sandy Moret. C.D. has captured Sandy’s iconic ponytail and beard as well as Captain Paul Dixon’s telltale poling stance in this instant classic work of art. The party will be held on Wednesday, March 12th, 2014. It will once again be hosted at the beautiful Union Club. Guests last year included Tom McGuane, Michael Keaton, and Stu Apte. Everyone who attended remembers a wonderful evening with lots of great laughs, an excellent auction and tons of general fishing banter. With two very successful dinners now under their belt, the BTT is proud to host another in New York City this March.
This year’s honoree is Sandy Moret, with legendary guide, Steve Huff, famous reel maker Ted Juracsik, and the always entertaining Tim Borski serving as his “All Star” fishy tale-tellers. With good friend and Co-Dinner Chair, Bob Rich, dutifully serving as emcee; there is no way this event could be anything less than spectacular. Make sure to get your tickets now as there are only 90 tickets available and the event sold out very quickly last year! Tickets are first-come, first-serve and due to demand, no tickets can be held without payment.
Dinner Chairmen: Tony James, Paul Tudor Jones II, Bob Rich, & Bob Rubin
- $500 – Dinner Guest
- $2,500 – Dinner Patron, comes with a personalized Orvis Helios 2 rod and listing in the event program
- $10,000 – Gold Fly Table, 9 seats, personalized Orvis Helios 2 rod and Mirage reel for person purchasing table, and a fishing “All Star” at your table. Call for more details
Schedule of events:
- 6:00 PM Cocktails & Silent Auction
- 7:00 PM Dinner
- 8:00 PM Live Auction & Presentation to Honorees
Here is a small preview of some of the exciting live auction items we will have this year:
- 2 nights/3 days of fishing and golf in Ocean Reef Club, Key Largo
- 6 nights/5 days of beautiful and exciting adventures at High Lonesome Dude Ranch, Western Colorado
- Your own custom, original watercolor by event artist CD Clarke
- Much, much more!