Here are some advantages streamer tube flies have over hook-tied flies versus game fish
- Reduce short-strikes.
- Smaller hooks can keep big flies lighter.
- Eliminate leveraging a fish has with a hook-tied fly.
- Flies last longer.
- Change out damaged hooks quickly.
- Change the orientation of a hook.
- Make casting big, bushy flies a lot easier.
How? Tie a tube fly instead of hook tied fly
Tim Flagler, Tightlines Productions provides a one-and-a-half-minute video of tying the above-shown Squirrel and Herl Bugger as a tube fly.
NOTE: Featured Image YouTube screenshot – Arkansas Fishing Adventures, Sep 27, 2019.