[dropcap]I[/dropcap] have been really digging these Surgex Pliers from the good folks at 3-TAND this fishing season. I love their light weight very much, as it takes not much to get my pants to fall from my hips. I barely know they are there. When I need to release a fish or nip the tag ends on my blood knots or wire bluefish tippets, they perform perfectly. But, my favorite aspect to S-6+ is the split ring tool built into one of the 2 sets of interchangeable jaws/tips. The rubberized handle feels great in the hand and so far they have shown no signs of degradation or wear (other than some minor chafing on the sheath). At a retail price of $79.95, these pliers offer a ton of value and quality craftsmanship. They feel good in the hand and perform flawlessly. Customer service is the name of the game at 3-TAND , so any questions or issues are handled promptly and professionally. If you are in the market for a reasonably priced, lightweight, multi-purpose set of pliers, do yourself a favor and check out 3-TAND’s offering.
The Company Line:
- Unique, surgical-style rubberized frames with tapered handles offer extreme comfort.
- Interchangeable tips.
- Tungsten carbide cutters are replaceable and cut through the toughest braided line.
- Split ring opener for fast, easy plug change-outs.
- Flat area to debarb hooks for catch and release.
- Spring-loaded hinge for quick action.
- Made from cold-forged aircraft aluminum for strength, durability, and longevity.
- Anti-corrosion and rust-proof material makes the SURGEX S-6+ perfect for the harsh saltwater use.
- Holster-style sheath and lanyard.
MSRP: $79.95 (sheath, lanyard, extra tips & tool included)