Chicago’s Fly Fishing Show is happening soon!
Come to the 9th Early Show, Chicago’s only all fly fishing & tying show! Sit with the area’s best fly tyers as they demonstrate a wide variety of fly patterns. Kids will enjoyfree fly tying & entomology programs. Sit with some of the area’s best fly tyers as they demonstrate their talents on a variety of patterns at Chicagoland’s only fly-fishing show. Bring the kids for a free tying program, and shop from select vendors. All ages. $10 per person ages 13 and up; under 13 free. No registration. Questions? Call 630-206-9566.
The Early Show, presented by the Illinois Smallmouth Alliance and DRiFT, is 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday at Mayslake Peabody Estate in Oakbrook. For more information, check out dupageforest.org/news/news-releases/early-show-2019.
Sunday, November 10, 2019 at 10 AM – 5 PM CST
1717 31st St, Oak Brook, Illinois 60523
– 25+ Regional fly tyers – sit and watch them create a fly for the waters they fish.
– Federation of Fly Fishers Certified Casting Instructors provide free casting lessons.
– Spey casting demonstrations & help matching the line to rod.
– Regional fishing guides on hand to share tips & book trips.
– Guest speakers Dennis Potter & Robert Thompson presentations all day long.
– Vendors include area shops, reps, pro tyers & guides all with great deals.
– Club booths ready to answer questions about their activities.
– DuPage Forest Preserve District booth to promote outdoor & youth programs.
– Raffle of donated flies & gear drawn at end of the show.
– Free Youth Fly Tying with all the materials and tools provided.
Mayslake Peabody Estate, constructed by Francis Stuyvesant Peabody during the American Gilded Age. Experience the splendor of its grounds and learn about fly fishing & tying inside the mansion at the Early Show.
Spey casting lessons by Doug Taylor, Sage pro staff sign in for a free 20 minute session. DRiFT FFF certified casting instruction 10:30 to 12:30, 1:30 to 3:30pm