Recipe, instructions and photos by Don Reed, owner of Saltwater Fly Tyers in St Augustine, Florida.
NOTE: For best results, the CCT crab fly should be tied in a range of colors to match the bottom you are fishing over and on any hook you would like including 60° keel hooks. Here, we have suggested the old standby, Mustad’s Signature Series 34007.
The CCT body fiber makes the fly. It’s made by Cascade Crest Tools. You simply wrap the
fly, tie it off and trim. NOTE: Be sure to use sufficient cement to secure the material to
1. Hook Mustad 34007 (or equivalent) size #2
2. Thread Flat Waxed A nylon, chartreuse
3. Eyes lead dumbbell size small
4. Claws saddle hackle tips or hen hackle
5. Flash Pearl Krystal Flash
6. Body CCT Body Material
7. Weed guard 16# Hard Mason